Thursday, June 07, 2012

Surprise Visitors!

My birthday was last week (I am now, officially, old!) and to celebrate, J took me out to the fanciest restaurant in town! It was a nice treat out, my alfredo was yummy, however I could have skipped the "chicken" part. Kaleb even slept most of the time, so it was even semi-romantic. 

After we got home, we had ice cream cake and I have to say, it was pretty amazing. (Yes, it was my first time having ice cream cake. Yes, I live a sheltered life.) In addition to getting me half of my new cell phone, J also got me a nice card and one of those cool books that you record the story in it.  It will be such a nice memory for Kaleb when he is older.

Flash forward to the weekend and there is a knock at the door. Next thing I know, two of my friends are coming in with more cake! It was such a nice surprise!

The beautiful E, all pregnant and glowy
We spent the weekend catching up and doing all the classic girly things: gossiping,  shopping at both stores in town, rented a movie and ate junk food. They were even kind enough to help J with Kaleb when I had to go to work for a couple hours. He was a little nervous since Kaleb still has not warmed up to the idea of taking a bottle. It was considered a success though, Kaleb took 3 ounces like a champ and J survived. 

 It was a wonderful weekend spent at home with my friends and I hope we can do it again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment