Monday, November 05, 2012

Day Thirty-one: Finished

Obviously I am a couple days late in finishing the challenge. This post isn't even going to contain a project. I've run out of them. So instead I'm going to look back at the challenge and look ahead to the future. 

I've learned a few things over the course of the month of October. Mainly, we have a problem with leaving things laying around. Which in turn, lets things pile up. Which in turn, leads to a massive clean-up every week. Which in turn, makes me feel like I'm going crazy. Even though we both worked hard in making our house clutter-free, there are still things that re-appearing. The table has things all over it again, as does the shelf and the Kitchen counter is a constant battle (here and here). 

However, our house looks great and I've come to realize those battles is what makes our house a home. Sure it doesn't look like any house you'll find in a magazine, however, it looks like a almost 10 month old who gets into everything, a lab mix who loves to play with her toys, a mom who likes to be crafty and a dad who loves sports live here kind of HOME. And to me, that is a win.

I came across this pin during my early days of Pinterest. I loved it so much that I printed it off and put it up on the fridge. And never did a thing. After a chat about things that we are hoping to change, J and I decided that our house cleaning habits were one of them. We decide to re-work that cleaning schedule into one that fits our home (example: we can't mop floors on Thursday, we need to do a deep vacuum first) and follow it. That one is going to be tough, but we are going to try our hardest. So tonight, after K goes down for the night, that is what we will figure out.

Here is to a cleanish, clutter-freeish, home.


Want to re-read the entire series? Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment