Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Tips and Tricks Tuesday

So, I may have forgot that yesterday was Tuesday, meaning I forgot to write this post until I woke up this morning and everything kinda clicked. Oops.

Anyway, this is a super duper easy trick, which you may find dumb.

How to cut a cauliflower, the right way.

See, you may find this dumb because you may already know how, but I did not. All these years I've been avoiding cauliflower because it is so difficult to cut and makes such a mess! Turns out I was doing it wrong. Who knew! (I sure didn't)

So here is the proper way:

Step 1: Cut off leaves

Step 2: Cut off thick stem

Step 3: With the head upside down, slice into smaller stems with a circular motion, holding knife at an angle (think carving the top out of a pumpkin) and remove the "plug"

Step 4: Cut florets to desired size


Tada! You have successfully (and easily) cut up a cauliflower!


Aren't you glad you read my blog to learn these neat things :)


No comments:

Post a Comment