Tuesday, December 04, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Christmas Service


Every year, our funeral home (a.k.a my place of employment) has a Non-Denominational Christmas Service to honour those who have passed during the year. We invite families to bring an ornament representing their loved ones to place in the "Tree of Memories", which we keep at the funeral home throughout the holiday season. 

We have been hosting this service for 20 years now and the turn out is always amazing, despite the always, without a fail, bad weather (this year was ice and rain). Year after year, we have the same feedback: "What a beautiful evening", "I feel comforted in the fact that I am not alone" and "Thank you!"

Even though I've been off on my maternity leave for the last year, I feel that it is still important to be there in support of the families I have served in the past.



Technically, this wasn't a Christmas project, however it is an important part of my Christmas.


This is post 3 in a 25 post series. To view the full series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment