Monday, February 10, 2014

This Week's Menu

Last week was short and it was great! We had lettuce wraps, which are quite possibly my favourite meal. I love those things! This time we changed it up though: I just got up the lettuce and put the meat mixture on top. We also had bean burritos again, and again, they were awesome! Especially with a little bit of fresh lime squeezed on top. Yum.  I ended up making a Sweet Potato/Carrot/White Potato mash to go with the chicken and it was also really good. It was nice to have something other then the standard rice or potatoes. 

This week we strayed from our routine. We went to the grocery store Saturday planning on just picking up fruit, but ended up doing our groceries. 

SaturdayMoose steaks with peppercorn sauce and Barley with vegetables

Sunday: Weekly supper at my moms

Monday: "Homemade" Spaghetti with "meatballs"
I'll be posting in this week's Tips and Tricks what exactly this means. 

Tuesday: Chicken thighs with sweet potato oven fries
I flipped through a cookbook while visiting my dad and came across sweet potato wedge fries. Basically you slice them on a mandolin, toss in olive oil and bake in the oven. We'll try it and see what happens.

Wednesday: Freezer dive

Thursday: Lettuce wraps and rice
I seriously love these things! And when the ground chicken was on sale cheap, I picked up 3 for the freezer, so it's technically a freezer dive. 

Friday: Pizza!


No comments:

Post a Comment