It's hard picking just the right Tip and/or Trick every week. My brain is so full of them. Why you ask? Because I enjoy making my life as easy as possible.
I thought of a really good one this morning, but now that it is 10 minutes before my bed time, my brain is dead so this is what you get instead, rambling.
I still have a good one though: vinegar.
I love vinegar. I use it around the house instead of harsh chemicals. There are many, many uses for this acid, according to Reader's Digest, over 150.
Here are my primary uses:
- Mix half water and half vinegar in a spray bottle: great for cleaning windows, mirrors and general dusting. Bonus: it's streak free.
- Straight up: It kills mold and mildew.
- To unblock clogged drains, pour a little baking soda, followed by vinegar and listen for the foaming action (à la volcano science project). Rinse with hot water from a kettle.
- Mix vinegar with Blue Dawn for a great soap scum buster. Check out all the details here.
- Put a couple tablespoons of vinegar in a sink of water to clean fresh produce. It also helps keep berries fresher longer.
- Run your dishwasher with a cup of Vinegar on the top rack to get it clean and sparkly.
- Run your coffee maker with vinegar to get rid of all the gunk. Use 2 cups vinegar and 1 cup water. Place a filter and run the machine through a full cycle. Replace filter and fill tank with water and run through a full cycle twice, replacing water and filter after the first cycle.
- Run your washing machine through a full cycle with 2 cups of vinegar to keep it clean and sparkly.
These are just some of the things I use vinegar for, check out that Reader's Digest link or this one (according to them, there is a 1001 uses!) for a bunch more. It's really amazing all the things vinegar can do.
What do you use vinegar for?